Interested in a Career in Biodiversity/Ecosystem Management?
Groen Sebenza (Jobs Fund) Programme
What is this programme about?
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI), in partnership with 32 environment/biodiversity organisations has embarked on a major skills development and job creation pilot programme, Groen Sebenza, a Jobs Fund Partnership Project. Groen Sebenza is aimed at developing priority skills in the biodiversity sector to create sustainable job opportunities for 800 unemployed graduates and matriculants. The partnership is made up of organizations from all tiers of government, NGO's and the private sector. The programme is based on an "incubator model" giving 800 unemployed youth the opportunity to gain meaningful workplace experience through a structured mentoring programme, together with skills development and training opportunities for a period of two-and-a-half (2½) years.
The Cape West Coast Biosphere Reserve Company, as one of the partners in this programme is looking for a total of 10 (number of graduates) and 3 (number of matriculants) interested and or qualified in the following occupations to participate in the Groen Sebenza Programme:
- One Eco-Trails Manager/Guide
- One Eco-Trails Booking Administrator
- One Eco-Trails Marketing Assistant/Guide
- One General Eco-Trails Assistant/Guide
- One Social Media Co-ordinator
- One Biodiversity and Conservation Officer
- One Tourism Development Manager
- One Biodiversity and Conservation Manager
- One Human Resource and Finance Manager
- One Office Administrator
- Three Environmental Steward/Trainee Guides
Applications from rural, distressed and peri-urban unemployed youth from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are invited for the above positions. Applicants need to have the following:
- For the School leaver placement: a national matriculation certificate.
- For the Graduate placement: a national diploma or first B-degree.
- SA citizenship.
- A demonstrated and clearly articulated commitment to the environment.
- A commitment to career development in the environmental sector.
- Good leadership potential.
How to apply
Applicants are required to fill in an application form (herewith attached). Applicants are also required to provide recently certified copies of the following documents:
- A certified copy of your ID.
- Matric Certificate and or degree/diploma certificate.
- An abridged CV of no more than 3 pages.
Applications are to be emailed, posted and or delivered to the contact details below by the closing date of Thursday, 31st January 2013 at 16h00.
Janette du Toit: CEO of the Cape West Coast Biosphere Reserve Company
P.O. Box 283, Darling 7345
Telephone number: 083 708 4007
Fax number 086 236 4374
The programme offers a stipend of R7,100.00 to graduates and R4,500.00 to school-leavers (matriculants) per month. Successful candidates will commit to a contract of two-and-a-half (2½) years with their host employer.
Candidates are expected to be available for interviews on a date and time as determined by the Cape West Coast Biosphere Reserve Company. If no response has been received within 21 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications are unsuccessful.
For all submissions and enquires contact Janette du Toit at the above details or at telephone number 083 290 7687